Hello! I am a product designer with a background in front-end web development based in Toronto. In the past I have created digital solutions for a wide range of clientele, managed a small service team, and have worked extensively with clients in the financial services industry.
Prior to getting started in product design I worked for several years in the financial technology industry leading a service team, developing custom websites for financial advisors, and managing the migration of hundreds of clients onto our digital platform – all with a high rate of success. But perhaps more interestingly, I lived in 9 countries across Asia over the span of 16 months. My time there included scootering around Vietnam, trekking the foothills of the Himalayas in Nepal, spending a month in silent meditation in Thailand, and sipping on tea in the mountains of Northern India. In the past I had a hobby as an automotive blogger – which enabled me to test drive some fantastically exotic cars. I’m more than slightly obsessed with watches and coffee and I also try to spend most of the summer cycling and hiking. I have a long-term goal to cycle from Toronto to the Maritimes. I also have a blog where I write about meditation and consciousness. Lastly, I may or may not have embarrassed myself several times attempting stand-up comedy on open mic night. I’m always down for great conversation, whether it’s about design, technology, travel, philosophy, or life in general. You can reach me via the contact page!
Skills and Competencies
User Interaction and Experience
Freelance UI/UX Designer and Web Developer - Toronto - Present
- Working in Adobe XD to create and design web solutions for clients across a range of industries
- Building wireframes, prototyping concepts, mapping user flows and user journeys, conducting UX research
- Developing responsive websites using HTML, CSS, jQuery, and WordPress
Veriday Inc., Client Lead and Web Developer - Mississauga - Jan. 2018
- Led a service team of six members to communicate with, and launch digital marketing solutions for, financial advisors from several major Canadian financial groups; launching hundreds of websites, blogs, and newsletters
- Successfully led team effort in migrating 400+ websites from client’s existing platform to Veriday’s solution
- Worked in HTML, CSS, and Responsive Design to build customized websites for many important clients
- Created and publicly delivered presentation on Web Fundamentals to 150 financial advisors; subsequently
praised by client for quality and value of presentation and invited to present to additional advisors via webcast
Agency 71, Web Developer - Toronto - September 2014
- Web development contract to create new website and content management system for REEL Canada